Sunday, January 29, 2012

Nicki Minaj Drops the Nappy Bomb Twice

"These little nappy headed hoes need a perminator", says rapstress Nicki Minaj and quite a few people are not too thrilled. As a Nicki fan myself, I found the lyrics ignorant but I still continued to bop my head to it as I drove blasting Did it on Em' on my way home from work. However, now that I heard for a second time that in her latest song Stupid Hoe, she dropped some ignorance on us again, its definitely not a good look.


Now if you choose to slather chemical goop on your hair that is your choice, but for those who choose not to there is no reason to bash them. After contemplating about it, Nicki Minaj is no better than the Brazillian that released that racist natural hair song, and in fact she is sending the message that this is okay.Which sends a negative message out to the young African American community that looks up to her, or her Barbie bitches.


In her song Stupid Hoe she says,

"Them nappy headed hoes but my kitchen good."

No Nicki, my kitchen is quite good without a perm.I don't have to put on pounds of makeup, wigs, or false eye lashes to feel beautiful. Hopefully, mothers out there are teaching their daughters the same, and showing them that don't have to follow your Barbie standard to be beautiful.

I won't lie I still will bump a Nicki track, because I don't have to like her as a person, but her mentality says that she has fallen for the brainwashing that our ancestors had to endure many moons ago.

2 comments:

Wonder Curl said...

This is coming from a woman who wears pink wigs.

JerseyRedRose said...

OK, I have a comment about the writer stating "if you choose to slather chemical goop on your hair..." because I think that comment was as condescending and offensive as tricki Minaj's comment. To me, it's divisive and you are passing judgment of sisters who do choose to relax their hair. I love my natural haired sistas but it just ain't for me. They look so beautiful and regal and they rock their natural hair proudly (as they should) but that does NOT take away from the beauty and pride that sistas who relax their hair have. It's just different styling options so I would say sistas who go natural, PLEASE continue to rock on with the beauty and pride that you should but PLEASE stop making condescending comments to sistas who relax.

Now to tricky minaj, her comments were straight stupid an shows the level of her self hatred (as if her parading around TRYING to make herself look like a broke down hood barbie doesn't show it enough) Her artificial, manufactured look proves her lack of self confidence and maybe her comments were coming from a place of envy of the natural sista who can rock her hair w/o relaxer and cary herself with more confidence in her 'fro than tricky can in her whole body. However, how tricky chooses to look also is her option but don't down a sista because she's natural.

Connect

Ari on Instagram

Followers

Black Naps 2011 © All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.