Saturday, February 11, 2012

Wrap Up Your Natural Hair! No Excuses


To avoid hair breakage and dryness wrapping up your hair at night is a requirement. I know sometimes when we get home we just want to plop our butts down, and if you can't find where your scarf is, its tempting to do without it. However, from experience I can tell you this is something that you do not want to do.

Many black girls have that story of "My hair was long when I was little and then it broke off". Usually it's hard to believe these stories because when you hear them typically it is coming from someone with hair that is downright tore up, but you know what there is a good chance their story is true.

It was not until my college years that I understood what was needed for healthy hair care. As a teen, when I took over my hair maintenance my hair went down hill. I was putting the curling iron in my hair everyday, brushing it constantly, over manipulating it, but perhaps one of my major flaws was not wrapping up. To this day I still remember how one morning I awoke to a multitude of broken hair strands surrounding me.

Now these strands probably didn't accumulate over just one night. However, it was the result of going to sleep night after night without my hair wrapped, and this particular day it was especially noticeable. Kinky girls  wrap your hair, no excuses!

Especially for those of us with drier and kinkier textures, go without wrapping your hair up and this is going to be your end result. Keep your scarf or bonnet in a place that you know you will find it, and before you find yourself getting too tired when you come home from work, wrap it up.

I love Shima's no nonsense approach, she tells it like it is, straight up. No excuses ladies !




0 comments:

Connect

Ari on Instagram

Followers

Black Naps 2011 © All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.