Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Natural Hair's Love Affair with Cold Water


Many of us think water is drying to our hair but the water itself may not be the problem perhaps it is the temperature of your water. There is nothing better than a nice hot steamy shower, but when it comes to your hair, hot water shouldn't even come near it. 

Yes, I have read the back of the conditioner bottle with the instructions telling me to do a cool rinse and I have even heard this from other naturals but I had to experience it for myself. My showers are typically extremely hot and this is usually where I wash my hair. However last night I decided to do something different. I washed and conditioned my hair with cold water and I saw a big difference in how my hair felt afterward.

Normally after my wash is over my hair isn't super dry but it definitely could be better. Last night after my wash and deep conditioning my hair feels amazing. Even though it is the next day and my hair has fully air dried I don't have that tight kinked up dryness I usually get.

Ladies if you haven't tried it yet you will see an incredible change in the way that your hair feels, if you give up the hot water. Hot water strips you of all the moisture that you have put into your hair while cold water will help you to retain more of it. Water is a natural girl's friend not the enemy.

0 comments:

Connect

Ari on Instagram

Followers

Black Naps 2011 © All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.