Saturday, January 21, 2012

Remembering the Legendary Etta James

Etta James

The music legend Etta James, passes away at the age of 73 after battling the affects of Leukemia. Decades after the birth of her history making lyrics, we are still inspired to this day, and she is a music inspiration to music artists world wide. Soulful sensation Adele listed Etta James, and Aretha Franklin as her idols, and then expanded upon her admiration by saying "If you were to look up the word singer in the dictionary, you'd see their names". Her final moments were spent in the arms of her family, her spirit will live on in their hearts, and her fans all over the world.

Etta James

Her 43 year old son, Donto James spoke with People.com, and expressed his feelings on his mothers passing by saying,"It's been quite a day but I'm very grateful. She basically passed in my arms, and I was able to share everything I needed to say to her, from praying to listing her accomplishments as a mother".

My Favorite Etta James Song

I'd Rather Go Blind


Something told me it was over
When I saw you and her talkin'
Something deep down in my soul said, 'Cry, girl'
When I saw you and that girl walkin' around

Whoo, I would rather, I would rather go blind, boy
Then to see you walk away from me, child, no

Whoo, so you see, I love you so much
That I don't wanna watch you leave me, baby
Most of all, I just don't, I just don't wanna be free, no

Whoo, whoo, I was just, I was just, I was just
Sittin here thinkin', of your kiss and your warm embrace, yeah
When the reflection in the glass that I held to my lips now, baby
Revealed the tears that was on my face, yeah

Whoo and baby, baby, I'd rather, I'd rather be blind, boy
Then to see you walk away, see you walk away from me, yeah
Whoo, baby, baby, baby, I'd rather be blind...


0 comments:

Connect

Ari on Instagram

Followers

Black Naps 2011 © All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.