Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Natural Hair Kitchen Confidence

If you are not familiar with "the kitchen", it is that little portion of your hair that rests right above your neck. For many of us, it is the one area where things get the most kinky. Every time we wear our hair in a upward ponytail, it's the one spot we always make sure we pay attention to.

Well, with the usage of the right products you can have kitchen confidence. Now my hair gets super out of control in regard to this area. In the past it seemed like nothing I would do would ever fix it. I would brush and brush my heart away only to be surprised by kinky knots by the end of the day. 

One day, all it took was just a tiny bit of a fabulous creme and my edges laid down with little work on my part. The first product that I tried that gave me these great results was Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. It has been a while since I have discovered the magic that this product does for my hair, but it was only recently that I learned what an effective tool this was for my edges. This is no doubt my number one product, it smells incredible, leaves my hair silky smooth, and now is my new found source of kitchen confidence.
Hair after using Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
see my kinks are under control : )

The next product, that I have to praise is Olive Oil Edge Control. If you check out my post Olive Oil Edge Control in Action you will see the dramatic results this product can produce. I have no shame in my game, this  previous post reveals how frizzy my hair can get after a fresh wash. With one application, only using a finger tip amount of product, there was a major transformation, glorious waves with a beautiful sleek appeal. 

You do not have to over brush, comb, or torture your hair with massive amounts of heat to get the results you want for your kitchen area. All you need is a tiny bit of the right product for you to lay those edges down.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Thank you. This was extremely helpful. My husband and I adopting a sweet and amazing African-American baby girl--we couldn't be more excited to finally have a baby! But we are, admittedly, ignorant of how to care for her hair. We want her to grow up being proud of who she is and believing she is beautiful just the way God made her. This information was so helpful for knowing how to best care for her hair. Thank you so very much!

Ariane said...

Congrats and thank you so much Angie. : ) You should definitely check out http://www.chocolatehairvanillacare.com/ excellent advice and styles are provided for children with natural hair.

Connect

Ari on Instagram

Followers

Black Naps 2011 © All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.