Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hair Growth Progress


March 12, 2011- My hair is natural, in the photo above it has been pressed, and I cut my hair short to even my hair out due to hair breakage. The breakage was a result of not implementing protective styling. The mid section of my hair was extremely shorter than the rest of my hair. If you see this, then you are experiencing breakage as well and most likely should consider a cut.


November 8, 2011- After doing some research and evaluating my hair care practices, I was able to recover my hair and now that I am comparing the photos the progress doesn't look too bad. What changed between then and now, definitely had to do more so with the care of my hair rather than the products that I use which is why I stress the importance of care, rather than  focusing too hard on which products to use.

My Three Big Changes

1.  My hair is usually in a protective style such as tuck and roll styles, cornrows, or twists.
2. Although from time to time I do press my hair, its not that often. Usually I avoid heat at all costs for as long as I can. Which means no blow drying of my hair ( I air dry) and If I press my hair I wait a few months to do it. When my hair was done in the above photo it had been 7 months since any heat was applied to my hair.
3. Trims even when it has been months since I have seen a hair dresser, I find a way to work in a trim, even if it is done by myself. I try to do this at least every 2 months, removing 1/2 to 1/4 of an inch off of my hair. Sharp hair cutting scissors only are used on my hair, dull blades may worsen your splits.

February 2012  - My hair in its natural state in a updo natural hair style


This is where I am at today, and I hope to show kinky coily queens everywhere that you can grow your hair long too. Nappy hair does not = bad hair. Healthy, moisturized hair is good hair regardless of your hair texture.

0 comments:

Connect

Ari on Instagram

Followers

Black Naps 2011 © All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.